In the United States, Social Security is primarily the Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance (OASDI) federal program. The original Social Security Act was signed into law by President Franklin Roosevelt in 1935, and the current version of the Act, as amended, encompasses several social welfare and social insurance programs.
"Socialism for the rich, democracy for the poor"
- Churches and Temples. Car and drug makers and Corporate farms, football, and arms makers each get federal government tax breaks and outright subsidies
- social security and Medicare are examples of beneficial socialism which make America humane
- U.S. taxpayers gladly fund American military adventures in 180 countries, yet begrudge its own citizens basic health care. We have enough money to advance Armageddon, but deny children dental care and good nutrition
- Socialism means communism to evangelicals, here in America. Jesus is on their side God damn it. The bible says so. America eats 1/3 of the worlds food and consumes 1/3 of the worlds energy, how's that "Christian"?
- Born agains would rather kill than heal, it's their first instinct, it's in their DNA. The 2nd amendment is their holy grail not the first.